Thursday, April 1, 2010

J'Adore: The Twilight Saga



A little story about me jumping on the Twilight Express:

About a year ago, everyone was going crazy over the release of  Twilight on DVD.  Both my sister (who was a huge fan of the books) and my co-worker insisted that I must READ THE BOOKS FIRST!  (For fear of certain death if I didn't), I took their advice and borrowed the first book from my co-worker.  I was hooked.  Skeptic that I was, I was instantaneously drawn in, I read Twilight in no more than 5 hours, and immediately drove to Barnes & Noble and bought the rest of the collection which I voraciously devoured over the next 2 days.  Yes, I read all four in less than 2 days.  Sad to see it end, I then proceeded to watch Twilight (the movie).  While not exactly sticking to the book, Catherine Hardawicke (the director) did a great job with her interpretation of the book.  (If you want to watch it check out HBO/Showtime/Starz on the weekend, they play it ALL the time).




Needless to say once New Moon hit the theaters in November, I had reserved my tickets months (yes, MONTHS) in advance for the midnight screening, and I dragged my unwilling boyfriend to come with me to the theater (where I swear we and the people next to us were the only normal people there).  The movie theater was overrun with Bella look-alikes, women (old enough to be my mom, much less one of the actors' mom) in Team Edward/Jacob shirts; and then the random, curious, bystander.  When the movie FINALLY started (we'd been in the theater for 2 hours to secure seats, even though they were ticketed) the reel was off track and half of the screen cut off.   Kip (my giant bf) looked around in slight panic as the excited moviegoers turned into an angry mob and began screaming threats at the control room, "I think they're about to start rioting!" he half-joked.  If that doesn't give a perfect picture of Stephenie Meyer's fans, what does? lol.

Needless to say, New Moon was a huge success breaking box office records, and subsequently DVD sales have surpassed Twilight in the first few weeks.  I personally think that if Chris Weitz (the director of New Moon) did every movie, Summit would have an epic money maker in their pocket.  However, the third was helmed by David Slade (30 Days of Night) in a controversial pick.

On June 30th, Summit Entertainment will release the third movie in the quadrilogy, Eclipse.  I will most definitely be in the theater, since Eclipse was my favorite book and the clips/trailer look amazing.  If you haven't jumped onto the Twilight Train, you'd better do so soon!

To buy  Twilight, or any of The Twilight Saga Books visit Amazon where it is currently on sale for only $6!

If you want more info about the books or movies, or are an avid fan already looking for more info, try these links out for your fix:

Stephenie Meyer's Webpage

Summit's Official Twilight Saga Website

Eclipse Movie Site (By Fans for Fans)

New Moon Movie Site (By Fans for Fans - Same ones who run Eclipse Movie Site)

The Twilight Wiki  For all things Twilight or if you have a simple and direct question.

WARNING:  Some of these fans on the movie sites are a little overboard (see movie theater experience referenced above) but if you're only a fan of the movies and want more info, or have no desire to actually...read...then they serve their purpose.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren I am a fan now too, I loved New Moon. I am about to go get the first book. My niece is a huge fan. I think its time I read the books. I just sent New Moon back but sorry I did, I want to watch it for a 4th time :(

    ReplyDelete